Rock Identification lab II: 3/20/2021

 This week my classmates and I were able to further our understanding on igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic rocks. After this activity I felt more comfortable in my ability to identify where different rocks fall in the rock cycle, along with what factors identify them. 

Lab:  We were given about 40 rocks and minerals to identify as shown in the photo below. With each rock I was able to pick out key characteristics. For example igneous rocks have crystals of various different sizes. This is due to the rate at which the rock cooled. Sedimentary rocks can often be rounded due to weathering and erosion. Metamorphic rocks are often flat as a result of heat and pressure. By using this knowledge and other physical attributes I was able to fill out the chart below, and name some of the rocks provided. 








          

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rock Cycle: 3/23/2021