Build and Atom game: 03/8/2021

This activity allowed me to better understand the periodic table and the elements. For each level of the game I was able to build, deconstruct, and label different elements.

Level One: I was presented with an unlabeled element that showed only the amount of protons, neutrons, and electrons. Next I had to chose the element from the periodic table that best fit the diagram. The picture below is one example of the problems that were given. 

Level Two: In this level I was given the number of protons, neutrons, and electrons. I then had to use this information to find the charge of the element. To do this I first looked at the number of protons and electrons. If the number of these two particles were different I had to figure out the charge that would make the element neutral. In order to make it neutral there has to be an equal amount of both protons and electrons. An example of this is shown in the photo below; to make the element neutral I had to add 3 protons which is represented by -3. 



Level Three:
This level was similar to the last; I was also given the amount of protons, neutrons, and electrons; but in some cases I was also given the element. In the example below I had to use the information provided to find the atomic mass. To do this I had to add the number of protons and neutrons together. In the picture below the top left corner of the element is the number 15, which I found by adding 7 and 8. 


Level four:  This level seemed to be a combination of the previous ones. I was given a diagram containing the number of protons, neutrons, and electrons. Next I had find the atomic mass, charge, and atomic number. By looking at the protons and electrons I was able to find the atomic number and charge. I was then able to find the mass by adding together the protons and neutrons. Below is an example of the problems given in this level. 


  

   












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rock Cycle: 3/23/2021